Time to shine for persons with disabilities
Excerpt from www.casualday.co.za
Go with your glow on Casual Day 2019… from the sparkle in your eyes to the bright neon of your outfits. To encourage everyone to shine their light and take up their rights! No longer are persons with disabilities to be relegated to the shadows, this year we call on YOU to … stand out… to be visible… to live loud and be seen!
Winelands’ staff once again showed their support for this wonderful cause, by purchasing our stickers and dressing up for the occasion. R31 million was raised in 2018 and we believe that no matter how small your staff compliment, it is important for all companies to try and get involved.
The National Beneficiary organisations for 2019 are:
- Alzheimer’s SA
- Autism South Africa
- Blind SA
- Deaf Federation of SA (DeafSA)
- Muscular Dystrophy Foundation SA (MDFSA)
- QuadPara Association of South Africa (QASA)
- SA Federation for Mental Health (SAFMH)
- SA National Council for the Blind (SANCB)
- The National Association for Persons with Cerebral Palsy (NAPCP)
- The National Institute for the Deaf (NID)
- Transoranje Institute for Special Education (TOIBO)
- South African Disability Alliance (SADA)
- Grey Power
Associations of and for Persons with Disabilities (APDs):
- APD Eastern Cape
- APD Free State
- APD Gauteng
- APD Kwazulu Natal
Casual Day also supports the disability units of 11 universities, the South African Police Service (SAPS) and the South African National Defence Force (SANDF).